Founded in 1859
Copyright © All Rights Reserved | Built by SpaceWaltz Web | Design for Web & Print -
Chairman – Alan Dallman
Membership Secretary – Myfanwy Probyn
Treasurer – Jo Sheehan
Secretary – Roxane Stirling
Committee Members: Laura Boothman, Anne Dallman, Celia Davies, Sylvia Hurst, Yvonne Locke, Jill Marston, Steven Marston, Patrick Roberts, Pat Simons, Rosie Slosek, Gary Sycamore
HIGHGATE HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY
Alan Dallman, Chairman,
27 Wood Vale, N10 3DJ
Tel: 020 8883 9186
Roxane Stirling, Secretary, 26 Ashmount Road, N19 3BJ. Tel: 020 7263 6831
Myfanwy Probyn, Membership Secretary,
48 Brookfield Mansions, Highgate West Hill, N6 6AT. Tel: 07896 940 089
1. Highgate Horticultural Society (‘the Society’) is a voluntary, not for profit unincorporated association, founded in 1859, which exists for the purpose of promoting the appreciation of gardening in Highgate and elsewhere.
2. The Society is a voluntary membership society. It is funded principally through the annual subscriptions of its members.
3. The Society considers that it has two lawful bases for processing personal data:
1. The primary basis is the voluntary consent of its members, who subscribe to the Society on an annual basis.
2. The secondary basis is a legitimate interest, namely the continuation of a historic society that has existed for in excess of 150 years and which exists for the public benefit.
4. The Society’s policy for obtaining the voluntary consent of its members for the retention and handling of their personal data is as follows:
1. The Society considers that it has the consent of its present members to retain and handle their personal data in line with the purposes set out at paragraph 7 below. Society members will be referred to this policy, which will be published on the Society's website, and paper copies will be made available upon request. Members with whom the Society communicates solely by post will receive a copy of this Statement in the mail.
2. The Society will seek an unambiguous statement of consent from members who join from 25 May 2018. For this purpose the Society will incorporate a Personal Data Statement and an explicit request for consent for the retention and handling of personal data into its applications for membership.
3. Members may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting either the Secretary or Membership Secretary.
5. The data collected from Society members comprises their name, address, telephone number and email address.
6. Personal data collected from Society members is stored in a spreadsheet maintained by the Membership Secretary or nominated delegate. The spreadsheet will be password protected.
7. Personal data will be used:
1. To send out annual requests for subscription to the Society for the forthcoming year.
2. To send information to Society members regarding the Society’s three annual Shows, and to send information regarding ad hoc events such as garden outings.
3. To send notices and news regarding the Society, including notification of the Annual General Meeting.
8. Personal data collected from Society members will be used only for the purpose of keeping members informed of the Society’s business and activities, and (save for where compelled by law) will not be provided to any third party for any reason whatsoever.